Discover the Vosges in the Lorraine and Alsace regions
Relax in the Vosges mountains, on the Gérardmer lakefront
Gérardmer, located in the heart of the natural regional park of the Vosges mountains, is the perfect place to discover nature. Located at 670 metres altitude next to a glacier lake, Gérardmer is a breeding ground of natural resources in the mountains. With waterfalls, lakes, pine forests, the Vosges department also has the largest number of marked paths maintained by volunteers of the Club Vosgien founded in 1872 in Saverne. The native land of Julien Absalon, it is also the paradise of cyclists and above all mountain-bikers with over 300 kilometres of trails for all levels in the areas of Gérardmer and Xonrupt-Longemer. Not to be forgotten the famous Gérardmer triathlon uniting up to 4,600 athletes every year in the month of September. In the periphery of Gérardmer one finds high-altitude gardens full of exceptional flora.
Sport, relaxation, traditions and local products wait for you in the heart of the Hautes Vosges. Take advantage of your holiday or a weekend in Gérardmer to relax at the hotel Beau Rivage, located on the Gérardmer lakefront.
You can also chose to reside in the resort in one of our other hotels in Xonrupt-Longemer or in Gérardmer:
Our ideally located hotels allow you to discover the Alsace and Lorraine regions.
For a change of pace in the Vosges mountains: lakes, mountains, forests!
Activities in Gérardmer and the surrounding area
Tour around the Gérardmer lake by foot: (6,5 km) and many other pedestrian trails of just a few hours
Mountain biking: with over 300 km of maintained trails for all levels in the towns of Gérardmer and Xonrupt-Longemer, it is the largest mountain biking domain in the department
Hikes : 300 km of marked paths around Gérardmer
Horse and pony riding
Natural and touristic sites of the Vosges mountains
Gérardmer lake: the largest natural lake in the Vosges. Length: 2,2 km, width: 750 m, depth: 38 m.
Belbriette forest, shelters the tallest pine trees in the Vosges.
Longemer Lake: à 5 km
Retournemer Lake : à 12 km
Blanchemer Lake, , Corbeaux Lake, Blanc Lake, Noir Lake, Vert Lake, …
Saut des cuves waterfall
Grande Cascade de Tendon waterfall
Morainic slide at the Granges-sur-Vologne
La Roche du Diable - Devil's rock
The Route des Crêtes (Summit road) and the Schlucht pass: spread out over 80 km, half of it in the forest, the Route des Crêtes crosses through sumptuous landscape: lakes, mountains, passes, rocks, prairies and forest with colours which vary according to the seasons… You will love the majesty of the Hohneck and Grand Ballon panoramas and the variety of the mountain flora. Departing 30 kms from Colmar, the Route des Crêtes goes south towards Thann where it joins the beginning of the Route des Vins (wine road).
The most beautiful sites in the Alsace region, within 50 kilometres of Gérardmer:
- Colmar and the route des vins d'Alsace (Alsace wine road)
- The beautiful towns of Eguisheim, Riquewihr, Ribeauvillé, Kaysersberg
- Haut Koenigsbourg castle
- Volerie des aigles (Eagle aviary), Montagne des singes (Monkey mountain), Parc des cigognes (Stork park)
The Beau Rivage hotel welcomes you all summer long
Nautical activities not to be missed
Thanks to the Gérardmer and Xonrupt-Longemer lakes, numerous nautical activities are available for visitors. Other than fishing, pedal boats, swimming on a beach with a lifeguard, canoe-kayak and rowing, other atypical activities are also proposed like diving, the dragon boat or a tour of the lake in a speed boat (vedette) running on solar energy.
Take advantage of a stay on the lakefront at the Beau Rivage hotel-spa
Discover the many activities available in winter
Gérardmer, known as the "pearl of the Vosges", has one of the most beautiful ski areas in the east of France.
Downhill skiing at Beau Rivage in Gérardmer:
- In Gérardmer, in the Domaine de la Mauselaine, 40 km of downhill slopes of which the longest slope in the Vosges (4 km), a secured sledging hill, a snow-park, only 2.5 km from the town centre. During school holidays and on weekends you can take the free shuttle bus. Nocturnal skiing by torchlight, fireworks and hot spiced wine.
- Domaine de la Bresse-Hohneck: Ten kilometres by car from Gérardmer, you can ski on the slopes of the largest ski area in the east of France. Finally at Xonrupt-Longemer, a small downhill ski area, le Poli, has 4 slopes as well as a sledging hill.
Cross-country skiing at the beau Rivage in Gérardmer:
- The Domaine des Bas-Rupts: 30 km of trails, is connected to both la Mauselaine and la Bresse to provide over 100 km of groomed trails for Nordic skiing. A sledging hill and ski jump complete the offer.
- Finally, ten kilometres away, the Domaine de Lispach, hidden in the Chajoux valley will satisfy lovers of skiing in the middle of the forest.
Snowshoeing enthusiasts will enjoy the 6 marked trails of varying levels of difficulty around Gérardmer. It is also possible to have a professional guide on request and with reservations.
Activities year-long in Gérardmer.
The Beau Rivage hotel is ideally located!
Gérardmer is a town where community work is very present, many cultural and sport events punctuate the resort throughout the year. For example, you can celebrate the daffodil festival every two years in the month of April, emblematic flower of the Pearl of the Vosges.SEE OUR CALENDAR
CALENDAR OF ALL 2016 EVENTS
The Compagnie des Hôtels des Lacs and its 4 hotels propose their events throughout the year. Discover them by downloading our calendar.
Prepare your holiday or weekend at Beau Rivage in total tranquillity
Various touristic opportunities in the Vosges
- Household linens: Gérardmer is the capital of household linens. Take advantage of your free time to visit the factory outlets and boutiques (Le Jacquard Français, Linvosges, Garnier-Thiébaut, Textiles de Granges sur Vologne, Blanc des Vosges - François Hans, ...)
- Local products and crafts: discover traditional products from the Vosges region. Honey and preserves, famous Géromé munster cheese, eaux de vie, stone, wood and leather crafts, lace, enamels, etc… at the Association des Artisans de Village de Liezay.
- Crafts, charcuterie and cheeses, pine tree honey at the Maison de la Montagne in Gérardmer. Fermented beverages made from fruits, flowers and plants at the Petits Crus Vosgiens in Gérardmer or at Cuvées Vosgiennes at La Bresse. Wooden clogs at the Saboterie des Lacs. At the Confiserie des Hautes Vosges in Plainfaing, you can watch the making of Vosges candies and even taste some, etc.
Museum of Images and Imagery in Epinal: 40 km
Museum of Lorraine Fauna, , 500 m from the Saut des Cuves crossroads
Textile museum: 1,5 km from Ventron, discover the history of this industry dear to the Vosges inhabitants
Casino : the Casino du Lac in Gérardmer has jackpot machines, as well as roulette, poker and black jack. It is only a few metres from the Beau Rivage hotel in Gérardmer.
Cinema : in the premises of the Casino, a totally renovated cinema but also the André Bourvil cinema at the Maison de la Culture
Available all year: skating rink, bowling alleys, 8 tennis courts, swimming pool, climbing wall, ping-pong, volleyball. A few minutes walk from the Beau Rivage in the sport and leisure complex specially dedicated to these activities